Dr. Shawn Prakash Emergency Medicine Visiting Clerkship Scholarship
We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive healthcare community that is committed to health equity, access to care, belonging and change.
As part of this goal, we are offering two (2) Dr. Shawn Prakash EM Visiting Clerkship Scholarships for students with a demonstrated commitment to increasing workforce diversity in healthcare professions, in particular, those who self-identify with historically marginalized groups in the US.
This scholarship will provide a $1000 stipend to cover travel, transportation, lodging, and additional necessary expenses during a 4-week EM Rotation at HCA Florida Osceola Hospital.
Recipients will also receive 1) dedicated mentorship from departmental staff (trainees/ faculty), 2) career advising, 3) 1:1 academic career coaching lunch with the research director, and 4) a guaranteed interview invite from the residency program.
Who should apply:
- 4th year medical student at an accredited US allopathic or osteopathic medical school or LCME approved Caribbean Medical school from historically marginalized group or with a demonstrated commitment to ending healthcare disparities and increasing diversity
- Applying for M4 EM rotation as an emergency medicine-bound student for July 2022-December 2022 rotation dates
- Meet eligibility requirements in Clinician Nexus
- Must apply for the scholarship at least 60 days before requested start date
- Apply for rotation on Clinician Nexus (registration is free). Submit all documents, CV, step scores, preferred rotation dates along with a
- 500 word personal statement indicating your commitment to promoting health equity and/or increasing workforce diversity to be sent to email@example.com.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the scholarship or application.